Please join a decades-old holiday tradition to provide Christmas dinner and holiday cheer to 300 homeless men and women at area shelters. There are several ways to participate including donating hats and gloves, contributing pies for Christmas dinner, serving dinner at shelters or making a financial donation. Contact Lisa Hack or Elise Caplan for more information.
These are great opportunities for the whole family.
- Blanket Project – Warm clothing and blanket collections for needy community members.
- Can Jam – Each fall, concurrent with the Jewish holy days, Adat Shalomers collect hundreds of pounds of canned foods for local area shelters.
- Manna Food Project– Monthly member families volunteer to pack boxes of food for the needy.
- Shepherd’s Table – Members prepare and serve food at this shelter.
- Rockville Women’s Shelter – Members provide food, clothing donations and personal items.
- Critical Issues Forum (CIF) – Congregation representatives participate in CIF, giving voice to critical issues to improve services for the underprivileged and advocating for legislation.
- Yachad: Sukkot in Spring – Members repair the home of a lower income family providing health and safety remediation services to address serious housing issues.