Adat Shalom is committed to life-long learning and offers a wide variety of creative programming for those new to Judaism and for those seeking deeper knowledge.
The Adat Shalom Adult Education Jewish Studies program offers clergy and lay-led teaching and discussion opportunities, complimented by special programs led by visiting scholars. Volunteers and clergy are finalizing details over the summer. Check back after August 20 for more information. There is something for everyone!
- Shabbat Matters-dynamic 75 minute conversations with Rabbis and experts focusing on parenting through a Jewish lens. Offered on Shabbat mornings finishing in time to join the Torah discussion in the main sanctuary.
- Sunday Morning Series-Adult education lectures and presentations on a host of topics. Fall season schedule coming!
- Hebrew/Torah Chanting-ongoing lessons and training to read from the Torah.
- Israeli Literature- Series led by Haya Lauffer and Luther Jett highlighting Israeli authors and topics. Books and class schedule coming shortly. This is not a book group, but rather a university level discussion in one morning session.
- Visiting Scholars-Save the date for March 13-15, 2020 with Dr. Shaul Magid. We thank the Kaplan Center for Jewish Peoplehood in NY for bringing this program to our community. More info forthcoming.