We know that registration has just begun and we’re all in gear for the end of the school year, but we wanted to grab you for a quick minute before the summer sets in. In order to start next year strong, we are asking parents to volunteer now to be Room Parents. Room Parents are in a unique position to help build a sense of community within the class, within the Torah School, and within the synagogue.
We’re looking at Room Parents to help in a few ways:
- Make sure families receive and are aware of the calendar of events for the class.
- Remind families of upcoming events for the class, typically through email two weeks and a few days before.
- Help coordinate hosts for havdallah dinners once or twice a year as well as other activities the class plans. (Note: Room Parents do not have to host themselves; they assist with asking for a volunteer to host and sending reminders).
- Encourage attendance at class onegs once or twice a year if possible.
- Ask for volunteers when needed.
- Collect money for, and coordinate with students to distribute, end-of-year cards and gifts for teachers and madrichim.
Room Parents may want to invite another parent to assist them.
- A chance to give back to Adat Shalom
- A sense of community within your child’s grade level
- Opportunities for you to get to know other parents
Please contact Jodi Lipson to volunteer or ask questions.
Jodi Lipson and Wendy Baber, chair and co-chair of the Torah School Council
Room Parents, 2019-20
- Gan/Aleph (K/1)-
- Bet (2)-
- Gimmel (3)-
- Daled (4)-
- Hey (5)-
- Vav (6) – (thanks to Preston Plous with Kate Whiting, who have already volunteered)
- Zayin (7)-“